Thursday, April 26, 2018

Blog Post #10 Regan Bradley

I do not have the answer as to if the internet is a good or a bad thing. I do not know if video games are more helpful or hurtful. I can only give my opinion, which is totally Minnesotan. The internet is good and bad. Video games are hurtful and helpful.

A thought that arises the moment anyone talks about video games is my brother. In my family, we all played sports and studied when we were. Video games were not allowed for a long period of time because my parents believed they were bad and will cause he to become wildly aggressive. My youngest brother loved video games. Tried to play them as much as he could even if that meant heading over to friends' houses every possible chance to get a crack at their Xbox. None of my family nor I understood why he loved them so much. He is not learning anyone good from them (so we thought).

In the midst of playing these games, my brother began intrigued as to how they were created. As he played, he would dig into websites and information about how to create video games and computers. He learned how computers were built and how they functioned. He taught himself how to code. He built a computer with the money he made from a little side business involving video games. We became an aspiring computer scientist and young entrepreneur all from loving to play Call of Duty and Skyrim.


People learn in different ways. I would never have gotten to the point he is back when I was fourteen from video games. I did not have the interest or passion. He is learning things I cannot understand. He hopes to be an engineer or create virtual reality simulations. He wants to create tools that will help people in need. He learned what he could and ran with it. He took video games to a new level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

I am profoundly interested in the Cartesian split. I knew what it was pretty vaguely before this course, but did not fully understand it at ...