Saturday, March 31, 2018

Blog #7 - Economix is Important

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through Economix compared to other books on economics. I was especially happy to have been showed this as I really had no grip on how the economy actually worked. I’ve found that my brain has trouble with understanding how Wall street works, the dow, and the stock market. Even though it has most likely been explained to me a few times, the information certainly wasn’t retained. With this book though, I have found it much easier to understand what’s going on, and I actually think a lot of it has to do with the pictures honestly. When dealing with something as complex as this topic, at least in my mind, for someone to be able to convey the subject in comic pictures is pretty great, and I think is a great way to get people reading and even interested in the history of economics. One of my favorite parts of the book was the 1914 - 1945 period where things fell apart. The reason I liked it so much was because I’ve always wanted to understand more about the great depression, and how huge recessions like that happen. The term definitions are great and they make them really easy to understand.

1 comment:

  1. So many times I find myself puzzled when it comes to thinking about economics. I personally do not think it is intuition at all. So I totally understand how you can be frustrated. I do think this book does a good job at illustrating a basic understanding of the economy while still being realistic with it being weird and mystical.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

I am profoundly interested in the Cartesian split. I knew what it was pretty vaguely before this course, but did not fully understand it at ...