Thursday, March 29, 2018

Blog #7

Coming from a complete science background the only Econ I know is what I learned in high school Econ and the small facts I have learned from my boyfriend who graduated with an Econ degree. I thought this book was a very interesting way to learn about Econ. I really enjoyed it because it was much more engaging with the comic book approach. I think all books are more interesting when there are pictures to look at though :) With this book in particular I felt that I had been taught most of the big picture topics taught in the book but didn't know all the little details.   

One section that stood out to me that opened my eyes a little was pages 276 and 277. It was titled Blast From The Past.

I think this part stood out to me because it brought attention to the idea that the World is dealing with problems that seem very familiar to events from history. I think this is super important to pay attention too because we should be learning from our mistakes in the past to better the world in the future. The large diagram of all the car companies and who are in ownership or shared technologies is very interesting to look at. Its such a cool way to represent the idea of a global oligopoly. Overall I enjoyed reading this book even though Econ isn't the most interesting subject to me!

1 comment:

  1. I found the car company diagram interesting as well because I recently purchased a car. I referenced Consumer Reports frequently while I was looking at vehicles and realized there are certain companies who frequently score high on reliability for their vehicles. When I compared this diagram to the highest scoring vehicles, I realized they are all owned by the same company... But at least they make good cars!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

I am profoundly interested in the Cartesian split. I knew what it was pretty vaguely before this course, but did not fully understand it at ...