Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Blog Post #12

There were so many different topics that were brought up during this class but one that really stood out to me was the idea of prescription and over the counter medications in our water supplies. As someone that will be attending Pharmacy School the next 4 years and will be practicing as a pharmacist this was very alarming to me. It had me thinking as I go to work at the hospital and Walmart Pharmacy, what are we doing to help fix this issue. Although this issue will never completely go away, we can reduce the levels with a little work. This is an issue that I will take with me on my adventure as a pharmacist. I have come across the issue that people are wanting to dispose of left over medications appropriately but there are not enough facilities that are convenient for people to do this. Community pharmacies should try to come up with a plan on how they could set up a take back system for customers. This would be a very convenient place instead of trying to explain the one fire station across town to everyone. Although many other ideas in this class were very interesting, this one specifically stood out to me as it is something that I can take with me over my lifetime to try and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

I am profoundly interested in the Cartesian split. I knew what it was pretty vaguely before this course, but did not fully understand it at ...