Saturday, April 28, 2018

Blog 10


With all that may be bad for us out there on the internet, there is still a lot of good things to find. The greatest asset that I think that internet brings to the table is the abundance of information it lets us access. I could not imagine trying to go through my years as a student without having anything I might want to know at the tip of my fingers. My parents talk about how much easier it is for me that I have this tool to use in order to help me throughout college. I even noticed how much having a little computer in my pocket has helped me. When I am bored and waiting in line or when I have a little down time, I can pull out my phone and read books or the news or see what my old friends from high school are doing. Having this tool helps bring people even closer together. One of my friends did an online pen pal program and now has great friends in Sweden. The ease and quickness of doing a pen pal program over the internet is just one way in which it is a positive entity. Because of the internet, I am able to read more books even though I feel like I have less time in college. It is so easy to download and listen to an audio book. Even in a nonacademic sense, the internet has been extremely careful. I do not know why, but this week I have been almost borderline obsessed with what the new royal baby’s name is. With the internet, I was able to find out the exact moment when it was announced. With all these benefits, it is easy to see why the internet is such an important and beneficial part of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. People usually think that when you are on your phone or on your computer your wasting time doing something meaningless but, as you point out in your blog post, we are actually constantly using the internet to complete important or relevant tasks. We do this all the time whether its reading books online or keeping in touch with friends and family using online programs or social media apps. Even parents agree how our lives have become easier with the internet at our disposal. So I definitely agree with you that the internet is beneficial and outweighs the negatives brought against it.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

I am profoundly interested in the Cartesian split. I knew what it was pretty vaguely before this course, but did not fully understand it at ...