Monday, March 19, 2018

Blog #6

Growing up, food has always been a large part of my life. My fondest memories have been around the dinner table. As a child, cooking with my mom was my favorite. It was our way of bonding since there was a large cultural barrier between us (I was very Americanized and didn't speak much Cambodia, whereas she understood very little English). We would prepare homemade Cambodian dishes and as a family we would enjoy the meal at the dinner table. Because of the food, it brought my family together even though there was a significant barrier between the children and parents. To me, food is part of my life and has become a significant part of my life. I like to believe food as being a lifestyle.
Considering how happy food made me as I grew up, it still plays a significant role in my happiness today. Reflecting on how I bonded with my mother and how meals brought my family together every night, it is how I enjoy spending time with friends today. As I make plans with friends, food is a must whether it be ordering every dessert on the menu or enjoying a coffee at a local coffee shop, food has basically become a lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

I am profoundly interested in the Cartesian split. I knew what it was pretty vaguely before this course, but did not fully understand it at ...