Sunday, March 18, 2018

Blog #6

This spring break my family and I took off to Arizona to go and visit my grandparents who live down there during the winter. Along with my family was my aunt and uncle and cousins. There was a lot of food in the house for the 13 of us but one thing that really stood out to me was the fruit and veggies. I am one that loves to eat fruits and veggies but tend to not eat them as much when I am the one that has to go to the store, pick out ripe fruit and veggies and then go home to clean and cut it all. I know that makes me sound really lazy but as a college kids working two jobs its very time consuming. While in Arizona my mom, aunt and grandma spent a lot of time in the kitchen constantly making food for all of us. Along with making food they also had fruit and veggies cut out on the counter to snack on all day and let me tell you... I ate A LOT of it. I just made me realize how lazy I am at home and how it would take a little time on Sundays to get the fruit and veggies cut for the week, making for a healthier week.

1 comment:

  1. I think the point being made in this blog is quite true! I can personally relate to the laziness and lack of effort I put into meal preparation. I don't have enough time, and there are better things i could be doing besides cooking. Maybe that says something about our society: that cooking meals that are good for us isn't worth our time. Maybe thats why so many people are unhealthy! Foods that are bad for us are just so much easier to make/ buy. I wonder if things were flipped and healthy foods were easier/ cheaper if the country would be more healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

I am profoundly interested in the Cartesian split. I knew what it was pretty vaguely before this course, but did not fully understand it at ...